Crafting all the crap I’ve been carrying around and thinking about crafting with! (every day, all January)
1. This is a water color painting with smashed glasses.
2. Jelly fish made of a found bell and some string.
3. I carried around these rusty things, a safety pin, bottle cap, hair clip, for so long. Also the canvas this is on, and the cloth that the body is mostly. How silly.
4. I’ve had this face pin for some time, too. water colored it a flying body.
5. This is pretty abstract but I had fun doing it. Just a twisted piece of metal rod from the road that I’ve been carrying around for years. Wrapped in strips of plastic bag and string.
6. Monster made mostly out of a cassette tape.
7. crocheted some shoelaces together. Does that count as a craft?
8. I have so much glass. Why do I pick up glass? who knows. This is the bottom of a bottle, and a little toothpick creature crossing on a path of small colored glass that I stole from a large path of colored glass years ago!
9. I have many road flattened flat wear. portrait studio?
10. found fabric flower from compost pile. Zipper pull in a couch. silly face.
11. I think this was an avocado sack I started pulling apart years ago, and then put in a bag. On a chunk from pants that are too far gone to reasonably repair.
12. I’ve had this little ceramic guy for a while. I tried to make a plough for it, which turned out a bit weird, but some days will be that way. I did not make another person to man the plough
13. cat? with jaw dropped? I don’t know, just a silly thing. Cardboard and cloth and something from the road.
14. A project I started long ago and have been carrying from place to place since, crocheting plastic bags into a bag. Not as deep as I had initially hoped for, as far as I wanted to go in one day. I made a little pocket on the front. May add closeability and perhaps a handle of some sort. Or it could be a hat!
15. drawing? tissue paper. I have kept so much tissue paper, and a smaller amounts of wrapping paper that seemed nice.
16. this day actually wasn’t fun. I started a couple other things which seemed like good ideas, but just seemed dumb as I started to get into them, so I didn’t complete them, hoping to save the idea for a day I was less tired. In the last throws of creative endeavor before passing out I created this key toothed creature and a tissue paper/ice cream taste spoon flower. It is terrible.
17. more keys. String. Little creature. The rest of that old avocado bag.
18. Wind chime with street wood and a handful of spoons and forks from my collection of run over flatware. I think it will sound lovely when I hang it up somewhere…
19. sloppily glued, bike frame out of spokes. I had intended to make more parts for this guy, but I got tired. Not the sturdiest.
20. Little jar of little paper cranes. I’m sure there is a lid for the jar some place.
20. A lazy day. A hopping creature? Really I just glued together some pieces of ceramic.
22. A little hat! And a cat tribute to the cat that was intent on my string while I was working on this.
23. Road debris creature with spoke nipple eyes. This did not take much crafting
25,26. This was two days worth of fun… I started laying it out and got the blue done, and got tired. Spent a good bit the next day finishing it. You can say this is cheating if you like.
29. Dopy looking sock rabbit.
30. road scissors and sidewalk fabric plants.
31. Once upon a time a friend asked if I wanted a pine cone, and I said yes and I’m not sure I really did, but I’ve had it in my room since, so I think it counts. This is your standard pine cone and cardboard house, though perhaps oddly proportioned.